Centre in the port of Ghent

Hulsdonk, located in the Port of Ghent, is the oldest and – with its 32 acres – the biggest Envisan treatment centre. It is also the only centre in Belgium that treats both soils and sediments and is equipped with several lagoons. Daily management is entrusted to Daan Souffriau: “80% of the soil comes from our own sites, the other 20% from third parties. Part of the soil is contaminated and can be decontaminated here. The other soils arriving in Hulsdonk can be re-used. These are not contaminated but must, for instance, be screened. After having inspected the soil and having fulfilled all administrative formalities, we transport the soil to customers”. 

Related articles

The project Dac'art

PSR Brownfield Developers, the specialist of Jan De Nul Group for redeveloping brownfields, manages the Dac’Art project but also the civil construction division of Jan De Nul and the Environment Division Envisan have a part to play. “On the…

Read more
New centre in the port of Liege

Sol&Val Monsin is Envisan’s latest asset. This treatment centre is specialised in the treatment of contaminated soils, predominantly from the southeast of Belgium. Together with the centre in Saint-Ghislain – which covers the southwest…

Read more
Northern France

In Calais, Jan De Nul has started with the construction of an entirely new port, together with three major partners. Cargo traffic between the United Kingdom and France is completely saturated. Particularly on the French side, there is a huge capacity…

Read more
Germany

In 2016, two Jan De Nul vessels have been dredging in the port of Hamburg. This port suffers from sedimentation. The amount of sediments that is being deposited depends on the amount of water entering a port. As long as the flow rate of the Elbe is sufficiently…

Read more
Centre in the South of France

For CPEM, near Toulon, in full Centre de Production d’Eco-Matériaux, 2016 was the first complete business year. Lilian Rahyr, head of this treatment centre, sketches an overall picture: “In the past year, we’ve treated about…

Read more